Preserving the heritage and artifacts of Crawford County
97 E. Michigan Ave, PO Box 218, Grayling, MI 49738
A Video Tour of our Museum Rooms
This section of the upstairs was used as the kitchen for the railroad crew long ago. Today, it holds the Bear Archery display. The Bear Archery manufacturing plant was located in Grayling from 1947 to 1978. Fred Bear patented the use of fiberglass as bow backing and produced the first working recurve bows in 1954 (Kodiak II®). In 1976 the Bear plant produced a record 360,000 bows in one year.