CRAWFORD COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY
Preserving the heritage and artifacts of Crawford County
When the Depot was in full swing from 1882 to the 1960s, the rooms upstairs were the sleeping quarters for the railroad crew. They used the rooms on the left side of the hallway and the conductor, engineer and firemen used the right side.
Today, the walls of the hallway hold class photos of Grayling schools; some of the pictures date back to 1890. On the right side, there are photos of Pere Cheney, a town that once was the county seat long ago but which no longer exists.
The alcove holds logging photos and a section of a large white pine (not seen in video), the trees that drove the lumbering industry in Crawford County.